Friday, February 11, 2011

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined." -Thoreau

2.7.2011


"Tim, I just realized something.  If this works....we can spend our summers in Italy."


"Or anywhere we want."


"ITALY."




The past two days have been a blur.  The emotions have ranged from anger to relief, fear to excitement and a whole lot of shock.  I keep wondering for how long I'll spontaneously burst into "I can't believe you got fired!"


We simultaneously dove right into work mode.  Trying to get the word out there about our new career paths as soon as possible and what we realized was...we need to get away from the kids!  Way too many interruptions and we don't have time to waste.   SO...


Tim headed upstairs and started knocking down all the plaster in the rooms in the attic, so my Dad can put in outlets, so we can have an office and a rehearsal space to escape to.


We had plans for these rooms...to be bedrooms.  We had plans to finish it out next March.  We had plans for how to spend our steady income.  So much for planning.


I am glad this happened.  My husband was miserable.  He felt like he was wasting his life away.  I've had that feeling and there's nothing worse and it was hard to watch.  


He still didn't deserve to be fired though.

No comments:

Post a Comment